Hello and welcome, you are about to be part of the „simplicity of happiness podcast“ and will have an interview with Florian Hornig.
If you have not booked a date for our interview yet, please do so here!
During our interview, we will take our listeners on your journey. It will be your story, your personal opinion and your definition of happiness and simplicity.
Who is that person you are today? What makes you happy?
And most important, we are just going to have a conversation among friends 🙂
1. Sound quality
The sound quality is important. Make sure that you are undisturbed. Turn of phone, email, Facebook, children 😉 etc. Try to be in a furnished room. At best with a carpet, pictures on the walls, cabinets, etc. The fuller the room, the more saturated the sound will be. An empty space has a like a train station. It’s best not to eat 30 minutes before the interview. Drink only noncarbonated (!) Water. Carbonated water… well lead to audio effects ;-).
Close all other programs / applications on your computer. Especially those that require an Internet connection as Dropbox. Although Wifi is more convenient try to go with a LAN cable as the Internet connection is less vulnerable than a wireless connection for interference / noise. Please use a headset or external microphone. The built-in microphones laptops and computers usually use, have a very low quality for audio recordings. Especially when the internal cooling fan starts, our listeners here a space rocket start. Remember that you will present yourself only with your voice – and this should arrive clean and clear for the listener. If you have no external microphone / headset, or are looking for a new one, I can recommend the following very good microphones:
The low-cost variant, a headset from Sennheiser.
The small mobile studio microphone. All my podcasts on the go are recorded with it. I think it is by far the best price / performance ratio.
The Podcaster Rode is probably the most used mic for podcasts.
My favorite micro. This microphone I use during most records. Since it is a condenser microphone, it records many surrounding noises. You can only use it, when your environment is very quiet.
2. The interview guide
Below I have added an interview guide. From my experience I can say that real stories from real life make up the best interviews. Cool opinions or abstract representations don’t leave a good impression on the listener. Please share your real experiences and emotions with us.
Warning: Make some notes for the interview if you like but NEVER formulate and read your answers! People can tell the difference because answers that you read from a paper appear boring and cool. I think the best answers come spontaneously 🙂
—————— BEGIN of the Interview——————
Interview Guide & Questions
1) Intro – Who are you and what are you doing? PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION BY EMAIL, BECAUSE I WILL USE IT FOR THE INTRO AND THE SHOWNOTES
2) What makes you really happy?
– And how do you connect that with your job?
3) What did you dream of as a child?
– What did you want to be when you were grown up?
– What were the stories that inspired you?
4) What was your greatest emotional frustration?
– What have you done to deal with it and recover?
– Can you see why it was a good experience?
5) What are you most proud of?
6) When and how did you know that you want what you’re doing today?
7) What exercise helps you the most, to focus on what is important to you?
8) What do you think has most influence on whether you reach your goals?
9) Does money make you happy?
– What is more important than money?
11) Does your life philosophy fit into one sentence?
12) FUTUR II: When you sit around a nice campfire in 30 years from now, what is the story of your life that you want to tell?
13) The ONE TIP to our listeners: What can they do to also tell a great story about themselves in30 years from now?
14) Last but not least: Who is a personal hero to you concerning simplicity, happiness and purpose in life?
– Who shall I call for the next interview?
15) How can our listeners contact you?
– contact details, website etc. PLEASE ALSO ANSWER THIS QUESTION BY EMAIL SO THAT I CAN PUT THE INFORMATION IN THE SHOWNOTES. PLEASE SEND ME ALSO A PICTURE WHICH I MAY USE.
—————— END of the Interview ——————
3. Voice over IP
For our interview we will either use Skype or ZOOM
Do you prefer Skype? My Skype name is: “flohjoe1001”. Please send me a contact request via Skype or share your Skype name. I’ll call you at the agreed time via Skype. Do you prefer an alternative? For ZOOM you won’t need any login information. Instead I will sent a unique web link. If you want to use ZOOM, please let me know.
It is a pure audio interview. A webcam is therefore not required. However, if you have a webcam, I’d like to chat a little with a video call in advance. I would be happy if you also answer via video. It makes our first conversation more personal. For the interview we will turn off the video for a better sound quality.
As an interviewpartner for “simplicity of happiness”, you agree that the interview may be recorded by Florian Hornig and/or his partners and used in various ways. You also agree that Florian Hornig has all rights to the produced interview for potential future use.