I am faced every once in a while with the question wether I am not afraid to do some of the stuff that I am doing. And well… yes I am. Life is not about being afraid or not. It is much more about finding a way to do it nevertheless. Afterall, let’s face it. I don’t do anything special at all. It has all been done by numerous people before are are being done simultaneously. It is just special to me because I have never done it before.
As soon as you are in the situation where you are afraid, the fact that others have done it before, is nothing that will help you a lot though. It is and remains your life and your fear. Comparing yourself to others day in day out is one of the most efficient ways to get frustrated anyway.
If you want to thrive in life, compare yourself to yourself a day, a week or a year ago.
The difference between failure and success, whatever it will mean to you, is wether you are able to face your own insecurities and fears and find a way around or to overcome them.
If you want to turn a dream into a goal and want to start working on it do the following steps:
1. Find a goal that is congruent with mind, body, soul!
2. Educate yourself about it.
3. Start implementing the new learnings. (maybe on similar projects where you need the same resources)
4. Be patient and take mistakes as feedback.
5. Keep learning all the way.
6. Start before you think you are ready!
Take care my friend, Floh